Thursday, June 9, 2011

A New Page...


Okay this is the first page I've done in a while. I got the design inspiration from the Helmar DT. Its based on a sketch they posted on their blog. I can't enter their challenge because I don't own any of their adhesive, still, I liked the simplicity of one photo and the off-set title and creative journal area. I added my own alteration to the journal area due to having a background with wording. It was just too busy directly on the background dp, so I wrote my journaling out on a coordinating peice of paper and it makes it so much easier to read.

This photo was greatly edited from a very blurry snapshot taken by our waiter at Brio's. It was the only cute pic we had, the only one of us together not being goofy and it was a baaaaad shot. So, I played with it in an editing software program and created a more artsie looking snapshot. I really like the way it came out.

Interested in what I used? Well, I raided my stash. Had some leather flowers and brads from ages ago that I put on there. Some Bo-Bunny buttons and bling. Rhinestones that I placed on individually to create the flourishes (boy, do my hands ache right now from all that peeling and sticking!), the template is from Bazzill. Harvest alpha-QK; Cuttlebug; Lacy Squares and Lg. Squares-SB; Distress Ink-Vintage Photo; MME DP-Simple Delights; Misc. CS; Prima Chocolate CS.

Challenges I am entering this in:


 
I think I'll stop there. I'm out of the challenge loop right now and I'm going to ease my way back. LOL!

SMiLES!
GWeN


4 comments:

  1. I love it! The journaling and the clusters of flowers are awesome!:)

    hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen! This came out AWESOME! I haven't even tackled this sketch yet b/c I've been gone and because it was a little extra challenging to me- but your totally ROCKED it! What a fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fantastic! Beautiful layout! Hope you can get your hands on some of the fab Helmar products in time for next month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Gwen, I love the artsy look you gave the photo, it worked out so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen