Monday, July 4, 2011

Relax Card

I made this card this afternoon while the girls and I played with our crafty things. I got the water color pencils out and colored my little Anya and the water lillies with them. I have to say, she looks a bit pale but I do like the soft muted tones this technique rendered.

I'm not overly satisfied with this card. Most of which is my fault of course. I've managed to misplace my medium sized butterfly punch and I really thought it would have looked better than the tiny mulit butterflies...but, what are you gonna do? So, this is the result:

Here you can see the three layers I did for Anya and the two layers on the water lillies. I wanted to give it a lot of depth.


Here is the full front of the card. 5.5x4". The inside has a single colored water lilly on the bottom right corner. I like to do a little something on the inside but leave plenty of room for a nice handwritten note.

I may enter this in one of The Greeting Farm's blog challenges. I think FFF was to create a relaxing project with a throwback stamp. I think I managed to do that. So, why not?

Woops! Apparently I messed that challenge up with another, so I won't be entering this in anything. Told you I was bad about finding the challenges...LOL!


Keep your hands busy!

SMiLES!
GWeN

Recipe:
Image: Relax Anya Set by TGF
Color Med.: Watercolor Set by Kimberly Co.(?)
DP: Origins by Basic Grey
Misc. Twine; Opaline Pearls; CM butterfly punch; Tim Holzt Tiny Attacher; SU! Demensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen