Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Fun Quick Project

Okay, many of you know that I don't celebrate holidays. Nope! I don't. I do however, decorate for seasons and really enjoy the splendor that God designed for us to enjoy. So, while many of you are hanging up stockings and decorating trees, I'm putting up snowmen and snoflakes and twinkle lights. I love to leave them up until the "official" changing of the seasons. Its sooooo much fun and my girls love it too.

Tonight I whipped up a little decor for the doorway between our living room and our dinning/kitchen area. It is just this huge boring rectangle so I like to throw things up there to spruce it up when I can.

Here is what you'll need if you want to replicate this project:

A tension rod
A deck of shaped cards (I used penguin cards purchased for $1.00 at WalMart)
Ornament hangers (mine are scrolled)
DCWV Glittered DP
Snowflake dies
A hole punch or you crop-a-dile


Using a double sided adhesive glue two cards together. Try to match the shapes as best as you can...they won't be perfect but it will be alright...really.

Using your hole punch create a hole in the top and bottom of the penguin card.

Attach your little penguin to a hanger, then add another at the bottom.

Now, create as many snowflakes as you desire for your project. Attach one the hanger at the bottom of your penguin.

If you like, add snowflakes to additional hangers by them selves.

Now, attach them to your tension rod.

When you are all done place it where you want it and enjoy.

Here is what ours looked like when it was all finished.




SMiLES!
GWeN

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gwen this is soooo adorable! What a cute idea, I love the tension rod idea, practical and non-committal. lol! Love the snowfall too - you are brilliant!! Hugs my friend, and happy start of your week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen