Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Fun Inspired by Stacy Julian's Blog

If you are a fan of Stacy Julian than you know she has some talented friends who post on her blog too. I think the friend that I'm getting my inspiration from is Jen Mohler this time.

I went to Michael's yesterday with the youngest of my girls and they had some fun summer time supplies on sale for a dollar. That's right... $1.00!!!

We purchased a sand bucket with spade for each girl, one pink and one purple. Then found the cutest flip-flops shaped like feet! Of course both pairs had to be in pink. I've never seen flip-flops this small before but I'm so super glad that we found these...Aubrey and Bekah LOVE them!

When we got home we drug out the hot glue gun and some of my embellishments (including my
Bo Bunny Silk flowers from the Flutter Butter line) and we turned out little finds into this:


These pics were actually taken in the dark in the back of the van...hehehe. Yes, that is a two seater wagon that I store in the van, crazy huh?


Each bucket is full of things they will need for the beach:

Sunscreen / bug spray / water balls (they float) / sand molds /
sand sifters / extra spade / sunglasses / bottle of water and a hat of course

I'm going to keep these packed in the van for those moments when we decide to be spontaneous and head out to the local beach for a day in the sand and sun. The girls can't wait to use them!

Stay tuned for my picnic basket project...also inspired by one of the posts on Stacy's blog...

3 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen