Saturday, March 6, 2010

SMC Lay Outs Blog Hop

If you've come here from the Sew Many Lay Outs Blog or Sew Many Challenges then you are on the right track! My little crafty theme this hop is on using flocking on your projects.


First, we need to gather our supplies. Here I have a digi image that is colored, craft glue, a glue pen and fun fuzzy flock...



I used the glue pen for the smaller areas. Just fill the space with the glue as if you were coloring the area...




Next you sprinkle the flock onto the glue area. Be sure to sprinkle ample amounts so that you get full coverage of the area.



For the larger areas I use a craft glue. This will hold the flock very nicely and dries clear.


Again, sprinkle ample amounts on the glued area. I then press gently to ensure that the flock really adheres to the space I'm working in.


Once the flock is set and the glue is dry be sure to remove the excess and return to the containers.  In the photo below you can see the fuzzy raised flock. It is a great addition to any page with a touch of whimsy.


If you want to acheive a more elegant look with flock. Use a glue pad and a stamp. Apply glue to your stamp and place on your paper. Then follow the direction as listed above. You will be able to really dress up any plain paper or project with very little effort.

Here is my finished lay out, using Sasafrass Lass DP and the Tayla and Fawn in the Sprin Rain Digi.


Next on the hop list is HEATHER.

Gwen - You are here

Please leave a comment on all the hop spots and at the last hop spot
letting us know they have done so.

1-Random winner will be chosen to win a free st. patty's day digi image

1-Random winner will receive a set of digis from SMC for leaving a comment on everyones blog

AND

1 - Grand Prize winner will receive an SEI Product Pack from Sew Many Cards


Don't forget to leave your comments at each stop. Enjoy the rest of the hop!!!

SMILES!
GWEN

11 comments:

  1. Great layout Gwen. Your instructions are very easy to follow. The photos are perfect. You get a gold star!

    Mary Ski & Chester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Gwen! What a cute layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gwen, I love your instructions. What's the brand of the flock you're using? It's hard to get my hands on here in The Netherlands. I only have one nice brown color, but I would love love love to have more. The photo's on your layout are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Gwen!! That image works perfectly with those pictures, and i love the fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute use of flock...I would have just used it on the animal fur (of course, I only have 4 colors - black, white, yellow and orange)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the tute on the fun flock, I have never used it before but it looks great, I will have to give it a try. Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute layout Gwen! And I just got some fun flock from PW so I will be trying this, thanks for the lesson!

    SamB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling layout, Gwen!! Thanks for the great tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, cute pics!! Sweeet layout, love that flock! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen