Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wow Wednesday...

Can you believe it is already Wednesday? I can't! Half way through the week and so much left to do. I have an event that I'm co-hosting on Saturday with Mom. It should be a lot of fun for my fabulous guests. National Card Making Day is Oct. 3rd, which I didn't realize when I planned the date. I'm so happy that I will be doing the card making class. I'm totally going to be the Queen of Craftoberfest 2009! Sorry, Mom...LOL!

If you haven't already stopped by the DCRU Blog you really need to check out the great challenge this week. You can design any project using just two products that are sold by Die Cuts R Us. This can be paper, dies from all of the major brands, adhesives, images from several great stamp companies including TGF. If Claudia sells it you can use it and post your project. Remember...only two items are needed to make your project qualify for the challenge. The possibilities are simply limitless! Have fun with this one.

Last post I promised to catch everyone up to date. Well, here goes. This has been a very difficult couple of weeks for me. I announced our newest addition was on the way. It was an exciting announcement followed by many well wishes and congratulations. The Baby RAK was fun too...loved all the comments from everyone who participated. When I had my ultrasound, we only had one little one. Unfortunately, that little one had some problems. I went back to the doctor a week later and my baby had no heart beat. My miscarriage was what they refer to as "incomplete" so I had to have a surgical procedure on Monday to assist nature in its course. It hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been for nothing either.

I've learned a lot of lessons from this experience and even if my little one didn't come to exist in this world, it's brief little life will be with me always. I learned that a great deal of women have been through this on many different levels and the empathy and bonding they extended has been a huge help to me. I've always known how much my children mean to me and that they are the loves of my life but I've been listening a little closer, watching a bit more intently and appreciating each moment just a little more. Something that I pray I will continue with always. My husband...I can't say enough about the man he has been for me. He is a little rough around the edges, but he always seems to step up to the plate when I need him most. He was so supportive and understanding. I think I love him more for it.

To those few individuals that knew what was happening to me and my family, I would like to say thank you. Thank you for your kindness, your concern, your prayers and your friendship. It helped to give me strength and I appreciate it greatly.

Gwen

6 comments:

  1. Gwen,
    I am so happy to have you for a friend; thank you so much for sharing this with us. God bless you and your family!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for you and your familys loss, Gwen... Bless you all, thinking of you :)

    {hugs}, margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen, I'm so sorry to hear this news. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, Gwen...I am so sorry. Thank you so much for your brave and beautiful update so that I can keep you in my thoughts and prayers. All the best to your family...Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care Gwen, this had to be hard to write, you're in my thoughts and prayers. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gwen, I am so sorry to read of this sadness in your life. You are truly in my thoughts and prayers.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen