Friday, June 26, 2009

Creative Bug or Just Insomnia?

It is now 3:00 A.M. We are in the process of having a very noisy thunderstorm. My windows have been shaking from the cracks of thunder rumbling through the sky. I'm so very grateful that my entire family, including Sadie (the family dog) are still sleeping soundly in their beds. I so wish I were. But, no...I'm up typing a blog and having a Chai and low fat biscotti.

The silly thing is that it isn't the storm that seems to be keeping me up. I started putting my weight loss journal together this evening. I already had my educational materials in there from my life coach, but this time it really was about me. I've never scrapped a page just about me before. (Well, technically it wasn't a page, rather three 4x6 photo holders...but you've got to start somewhere, right?) Now I have the photo that I posted on June 1st in my journal. I also have a journal box regarding how I feel when I look at that photograph and a journal box containing my goals and rewards for meeting said goals. It was just enough to get my creative juices flowing.

So, I went to bed. I lay in bed with visions of completed LOs dancing in my head. I got up to find my notebook so I could get some sketches out. Then, I found my DD's calendar and realized...OH, I forgot to write down her activities for this past month and the new teeth she just got in. (You see, she turned all of sixteen months old today...this is the time for updates.) Once I finished updating her calendar, I realized that I wasn't ready to sleep but I sure could use a nice hot cup of chai and a biscotti. Mmmm...mmmm...good!

Well, biscotti is gone, tea nearly done as well and I still can't sleep and I still don't have my sketches down. Maybe I'll read this blog tomorrow and all the details will magically pop into my brain and I will create an undisputed scrapbooking masterpiece...then again, maybe not. In any case, I will be sure to sit down in my creativity room and work on something. I've got too many projects waiting on me and time is running out on some of these deadlines. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

Until next time my friends and fellow crafters...sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave any feedback you care to, it is always appreciated. Keep your hands busy, my friends! Smiles! Gwen